We were talking at Thanksgiving about the favorite recipes from our childhood. I've located the originals in my recipe box, so I thought I'd scan them in for you. So, Here Goes:
You can click on the images to make them larger and clearer, hopefully.
Tropical Salad - always service in a clear glass Pyrex dish, low and flat.
Thanks for posting the recipes, but there are some others I have questions on: 1- Pasta- What does she put in the water? Her noodles always seemed more slick than normal. Did she just cook them WAAYYY past al dente, or was there crisco in the water?
2- Eggs- Just regular scrambled eggs have never tasted the same..... Whats her recipe?
Mom used only salt in the water to boil pasta. She did tend to overcook the pasta I think. I do not think she ever used oil in the pasta water, which I like to do. (But I think I got that oil thing from Ed and Thomasina.) The scrambled eggs had a little milk in them. Some people use a little pancake batter, but I still like just a little milk in the eggs, with a dash of salt and very little pepper.
2 comments:
Thanks for posting the recipes, but there are some others I have questions on:
1- Pasta- What does she put in the water? Her noodles always seemed more slick than normal. Did she just cook them WAAYYY past al dente, or was there crisco in the water?
2- Eggs- Just regular scrambled eggs have never tasted the same..... Whats her recipe?
Mom used only salt in the water to boil pasta. She did tend to overcook the pasta I think. I do not think she ever used oil in the pasta water, which I like to do. (But I think I got that oil thing from Ed and Thomasina.)
The scrambled eggs had a little milk in them. Some people use a little pancake batter, but I still like just a little milk in the eggs, with a dash of salt and very little pepper.
Post a Comment