This is almost the mid-point between the date of Dad's birthday 4/24 and Mom's birthday 5/9. Every year for the 60 or so that I have memory, we have celebrated Dad's birthday with chocolate cake and Mennen Aftershave, the green stuff. Once in a while, I broke with tradition and got a tree - pink dogwood, which never seemed to survive the first winter after it was planted in the front yard.
For Mom's, I usually bought an Alfred Dunner outfit from Penney's. And since it fell so close to Mother's Day, the extra expense was no problem. Some years I bought Fiesta ware.
So, I think it is fitting to post some photos that remind me of our parents (and your grandparents) and the traditions we will always cherish as we remember these remarkable people.
Now, I've discovered, this computer has stopped uploading photos. I'll try again later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I've been thinking about Grandma and Grandpa too. Springtime... time to cut the grass and get some pansies.
Patsy,
This is so much like my thoughts that Ed was sure I had posted this.
I guess we'll have to sign our work!
Love,
Barbara
P.S.
My favorite Mennen bottle was the one shaped like a light bulb.
Love,
BJN
Post a Comment