Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mom had a good afternoon




My Mom's brother Edward came to visit her on Saturday. That was a great break in her routine. It was so nice for her, and I'm thankful I was able to be there to be a part of it. That is the best part of living close enough to my family that I can see and participate in these things, and go to family funerals too. For so many years, I didn't have that privilege, and I really missed that part of my life.
Anyway, Edward is about 89 and still driving. I think he is probably as good a driver as I am though (perhaps better 8-). He plans to go to Florida to spend some time this fall. Good for him! I am sure he will enjoy this fall, he is a cool guy. Mom and Edward had a good visit and remembered a lot of things, she looked really happy while he was there. Edward shared a little with us about how he has been learning to cook, enough to sustain himself. Life was different for his generation of men. He is really obviously missing his wife a whole lot.
Pat and I enjoyed talking with Harriett too. We all enjoyed a nice lunch together and then they were off to Columbus.

No comments: