While I moving, I found I HAVE AN ACTUAL RECIPE right in the drawer next to my oven. Oh well, next year.

These pages are scanned from "Arrivederci: Recipes and Customs Every Italian Girl Takes from Home". I could have swore we went through this book, but maybe we were partaking of the Jack Daniel's that Grandma's recipe called for.
3 comments:
You would be surprised what you will find in moving. Everyone should move every few years!
Pita Piata...when I was growing up my grandmother made this every Christmas. To make it extra zesty, she would fasten the roll with toothpicks...then just leave them in there. It was like a Christmas treat from the Viet Cong. I still get one every few years, despite the fact that no one in my family has ever seen me eat so much as one bite of it. So, if you make it this year I'm going to take a piece, stab it with a toothpick and varnish it. Next year I'll hang it on the tree.
OK, We're so going to make these next Christmas just so I can see you varnish one!
Post a Comment