Buss, Stan and Ed on the cutting edge of Technology
Christmas came to Southern West Virginia in 1974. Here Buss Snodgrass watches his two son-in-laws playing Pong in Pratt, WV. Everyone, including baby Tracy had travel to Pratt to be together for Christmas.
Yes, we enjoyed that chair a lot. Ed & I bought it very early in our marriage, in Charleston at Montgomery Wards. I nursed both kids in that chair over the years. Dad did some repair on it, as did Ed. However, one of our movers finally dropped it in a crate of our furniture, finally making the arm so wobbly it couldn't be repaired. By this time it was 30 years old and decrepit though, and we wanted to make room for other things....and so it goes. I love rocking chairs. Do you like the ones they sell at Cracker Barrel? I actually like those. and we saw some neat chairs at the Amish market in Germantown. Beautiful quality.
2 comments:
I want that Rocking Chair!! I've been looking for one just like it for months!!! If only I could travel back in time.
:)
Yes, we enjoyed that chair a lot. Ed & I bought it very early in our marriage, in Charleston at Montgomery Wards. I nursed both kids in that chair over the years.
Dad did some repair on it, as did Ed.
However, one of our movers finally dropped it in a crate of our furniture, finally making the arm so wobbly it couldn't be repaired. By this time it was 30 years old and decrepit though, and we wanted to make room for other things....and so it goes.
I love rocking chairs. Do you like the ones they sell at Cracker Barrel? I actually like those. and we saw some neat chairs at the Amish market in Germantown. Beautiful quality.
Post a Comment