Saturday, July 19, 2008

Those Halloween costumes...


Tracy Walls Strother at Maple Lake in Sept. 1977

I think that is the nurse hat Mom had made for Patsy and I. I remember a navy blue cape though, and I'm not remembering the arm band.

Barbara and Amanda Nicholson on Halloween, 1979.
I made the clown costume.

4 comments:

Prisoner of the Universe #2-16 said...

Halloween costumes: The nurse outfit had a white dress, a blue cape [lined with red] with a button flap, a cap (as seen in the picture)and the arm band.

I don't know who she made it for you or me? I don't think so. I think it was one of those made for the kids, Tracy probably, and passed on to the next kid who wanted it. She kept them at her house for a long time - I found the cap, I've seen the cape - but can't find it now.

Trisha said...

How fun! I can't wait til I get a scanner of my own to add to this hilarity. Does Grandma still have those old costumes? That'd be a trip down memory lane.

bnicholson said...

Some parts of costumes are still in the large closet at the end of the hallway at Sun Valley I think. However, we've all taken parts of them, and they are probably scattered to the 4 winds. I've passed some of ours on the Goodwill and other kids I know. I used to wear an old sailor uniform of Dad's, until I got too round for the pants to fit. He was one slim young man.

A Chicken said...

I don't look very happy about the clown costume.... Was this after the birthday party that you hired a clown to come to?