Monday, June 2, 2008

June comes to the Mountains

Hi All,
This was a beautiful summer weekend in West Virginia. The weather gods gave us a good cleansing rain early in the weekend, so things looked so fresh and smelled so wonderful. Our drive home Sunday was a little difficult with the intermittent rain, and the high costs of gas, but it was OK. I think we compensated for the gas prices by fixing our dinner at home that night instead of eating out. A quick trip to the grocery store, and we're home getting ready for the work week by 9pm. Ed is in Sacramento this morning, flew out of National at 7:00AM. I'm back in my office (aka happy cave).

Stan had a visit from his sister, Norma. I was glad to see her, I hadn't see Norma in a long time. She looks great!

We were able to hear about a graduation party for one of Ed's nieces, Sarah Rosie, down at Casey's restaurant. Ed & I didn't go, we were busy at the Ranch with Mom this weekend, but it was sure fun to hear about. Sarah Rosie will attend WVU this fall. (Named, of course for Eddie's Aunt Sarah and Rosie.) The older sister of Sarah Rosie is Thomasina (named after Eddie's mother). She's already through college and in the National Guard.

I think Mom's caregivers are working out OK. Mom is at least well cared for, in spite of her condition. She is doing OK I think. Her poor left arm cannot cooperate, but Mom continues to be a cooperative patient, trying to facilitate moving and turning all she can. She is a great role model for us all. I would say she has a pretty indomitable spirit! That is one strong lady. I often wonder if I could bear up so graciously under her circumstances. She is reflecting very human frailties, but great strength of spirit.
Here is my latest snapshot of Mom, shown here with Joy in background. This was Sunday morning after we rudely awakened her:

1 comment:

Serafina said...

Grandma is, even under these circumstances, the paragon of graciousness. She never fails to say "Thank You for visiting me." It strikes me every single time I visit - I think she's making a special effort not to take anything for granted. We are so blessed to belong to her.