
It's so hot outside I can only drink things that are chilled.
I turned to the white wine list the other night at dinner & found this on the by the glass list:
LUNA, freakout, white blend, 2006 $9
I leaned over & told Claudia about the vineyard. "It's a small vineyard that grows mostly Italian varietals. They generally don't offer tours but my parents called & they set one up for us. One of the winemakers showed the four of us around."**
(Mom, I'm sure you still have those pics? When was that?)
But the wine was great, so I went on a quest to find it. Strike one was the alcoholic's super store (BevMo). Maybe I'll go to AJ's tomorrow, otherwise it looks like the vineyard will ship to AZ. They also have an interesting looking sangiovese rose.....
**I know, I'm totally full of myself.
1 comment:
We LOVED that vineyard! I will look for the photos.
I think it was the best tour I have ever been on, and we've been on a lot of them, throughout Napa, Sonoma and the Central Coast vineyards.
I think their reds were their best.
Post a Comment