Thursday, June 12, 2008

Anticipating that first baby

Amanda and I were thinking about Trisha and John getting ready for the first baby.

That's when it became evident that all that Winnie-the-Pooh furniture I had to have - well, it hadn't made much of an impression of either of my two kids. Apparently, they don't remember much about it!!

Imagine!!

Ed was sure the scary Winnie-the-Pooh lamp would ruin them forever! Guess not!



Yes, we did the entire nursery in every piece of Winnie-the-Pooh stuff we could find.

We had the crib, changing table, dresser, mobile, lamp, bumper pads, sheets, blankets, actual stuff Winnie and assorted friends.....even a light fixture in the ceiling I think.

Used it for both kids. Sold it to Hank and Sherry Murray after Joey moved to the big bed.

4 comments:

Trisha said...

It's funny, you know, I was thinking I wanted to do the same thing - at least some kind of theme.... and here it is two weeks out and we've just opened up a plain ol' tan co-sleeper for her to sleep in. No cute matchy-match. Not even an idea. (Or I suppose in my case TOO many ideas - no decision!)
I love those photos!

A Chicken said...

I'm sure all those Winnie's were covered in lead based paint from China. I still turned out OK! :-)

Joey said...

FYI, I loved that Winnie-the-Pooh blanket with the orange ruffle on it and I loved that lamp. Not all of your kids smoked crack when they were infants.

Serafina said...

I know I *had* to have just the right crib set with a quilt and bumpers and everything just so... But in reality nothing will be *just so* for a long time, just so much chaos and sleep deprivation!