Monday, June 23, 2008

The new Mother at home with the Baby - January 1979

Patricia at home with Trisha, in January 1979.

2 comments:

Prisoner of the Universe #2-16 said...

The quilt is a Grandma Straight original. It was orange and white. The couch was a Grandma Straight item, recovered during her last years, with a grey cloth that would never wear out - nylon frizee (or however you spell it), the same type of fabric on Mom's brown couch (now relegated to the basement.)
I now see where my children get their taste in furniture and accessories. I thought the couch, as uncomfortable as it was, must be an antique because it had such good WOOD in it. We kept it until Aunt Neats died, and then we got her couch which was ORANGE-modern, a sofa bed, too, as well as her rug, and her pistols.
The moral of the story -- becareful what you acquire, your kids may live with those items and the f-u-n-g-shway (of the items) for the rest of their lives...
Oh, yes, I still have the lamp (Grandma Straight's) in the basement of Park Blvd...

Prisoner of the Universe #2-16 said...

Oh, Yes! Don't forget the "coffee table" GrandPa Buss's sea chest hand made from the scrounging's off the ships from WW2 and sent home to his mother - Amanda Olive. The piano hinge, the mirror inside, the aluminum edgings, the waterproof plywood, the lock... the stencil work... and of course, the stuff that came with the chest -- most of which is still inside it. (except the silverware, buried under the edge of a quancit [spelling?] hut in England somewhere.)
I wish I could write the story of the chest, but I've forgotten it -- mostly.